Friday, August 30, 2013

The Theology of Cinderella



A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true


*Sigh

Today is just one of those days. You know what I’m talking about, right? The kind of day that you just sit back and stare at your work and think… I’d rather be doing a million and one other things besides this today.

That’s me. Oh GOODNESS is that me today!

But that got me thinking… or (because I’m feeling kind of in the mood for Disney)… it got me dreaming…

I love my job. It’s wonderful and stable and a blessing because I get to be home every day and feel like I’m a stay at home wife while having the opportunity to help contribute financially to my family in the process. Not a lot of people get to do that. I recognize the blessing it is.

BUT… I don’t want to be doing this forever. And today, all I can think about is what I really want to do with my life. There is a scripture in Ecclesiastes that has a blurb in it that says “… He has planted eternity in the human heart…”
Growing up in a Pastors home meant hearing that scripture dozens of times. And when I was out on my own and facing a lot of the new types of trials that come along I focused a lot on that scripture, well the first part at least. However, in this time of my life, it’s that second part (the blurb I mentioned) that has my attention.

I’m beginning to understand from that simple scripture that my purpose, my mission, or (for the sake of today’s blog) my dreams were planted in my heart before I was even born. And lately, the realization that if He put it there then it HAS to happen has been incredibly humbling. I can rest easy and hope freely knowing that my dreams are more real than my reality. What a paradigm!!

So… today… as I finish my work up and start my weekend I will be channeling my inner Cinderella (she’s my fave!). I’ll take care of my duties for the day humming the little diddy “If you keep on believing
the dreams that you wish will come true.”

Thanks for the pep talk, Cinderella.


(For those of you interested in the full scripture I referenced above check out Ecclesiastes 3:11 “Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment