Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ode to the Girls: Songbirds, Princesses, and a Blushing Bride



Oh weekends! How you never disappoint me! I love you!

I love weekends, I mean who doesn't? But this weekend, I've been looking forward to it for months. And as it approached it became clear that this weekend would be so full of epicness I may not even be able to stand it.

And it was. Oh... IT WAS! Trying to pick words to describe it has been tricky. Beautiful, exciting, slightly painful, wonderfully fulfilling, and perfectly refreshing.

I guess you could say... it was perfect.


It started out with a much needed trip to Tallahassee to visit one of my closest friends Amanda A. (and her nerdy cool husband Justin- but this is the Ode to the girls, remember?). If you don't know her you're missing out because when it comes to friends, she is top of the line- high end couture- type of friend. We wear the same style, accidentally watch the same shows, and appreciate Disney and crafting with a twin like similarity. She even holds my favorite "becoming friends" story. One day I may share... believe me it's hilarious!

We went to dinner and shared laughs and planned our Saturday. It was nice to be among familiarity. As much as I love Macclenny and the people here, it's so calming to be around people that KNOW you... I mean people who have history and have seen your worst and still call you to hang out the next day. My heart was missing that.

We went to Walmart to hunt chargers and spare clothes because my super cute husband... He forgot our suitcase. OUR SUITCASE! I sure am glad his head is attached or he would probably forget it most days. Silly guy.

We fell asleep watching Harry Potter. Because we only watch the best at Casa de Anzalone. Even though I think we only made it 5 minutes in because we are old married people who apparently can't hang anymore. *sigh*

Anywho... That brings me to SUPER AWESOME SATURDAY. After months and months and months and months of planning and waiting. It was TATTOO day! I was so excited! I had been planning this thing and mulling over how deep the meaning of it is to me. It just felt like it needed to be there at that point. As Amanda and I were going over what I was getting... our similarities became even more apparent. Everything I was wanting to incorporate was incredibly similar to her tattoo. Although, hers is way more epic than mine. Goes across her whole back. She is practically a rock star.

SO... we run around all morning finding clothes for Cyler and I, printing pictures for Eric T- the tattoo guy, trying to make sure I had food on my stomach for the tattoo, and me panicing.. .thank goodness Amanda was there. She kept stopping me to make sure I chilled out and breathed. Lots of hugs followed. Thanks Amanda!

We sang in the car and harmonized together, she is one of my FAVORITE duet partners, as we made our way to the shop. We walked in, I met Eric, he drew up the tattoo, and off we went. As he did the tatto he told funny stories, and gave awesome little nuggets that are great life principles. I think eventually I will do a whole blog about what this guy said and how cool it was to have met him.

And then... almost 2 hours later... It was finished. It was perfect. It looked better than I hoped and made the tattoo have an even deeper meaning. It represents so much of who I've become.

Check it out:


After that tattoo we went to Voodoo Dog. A hotdog place in Tally. I hate hotdogs... but that place... O.M.G. it was SO stinkin good. And was a great addition to the tough girl feeling I had going on. All in all... perfect experience.

And then it was time to head out. To leave my sweet friend and come back home. I think I miss being closer to her now more than I did before I went.

As we were getting ready to leave... Amanda brought me something that was so sweet and touched my heart more than she will know. She had already told me it was an early birthday present so I knew it was mine. But her bringing it out of the house and handing to me... it just really hit how great of a friend she really is.

I wrote a post called the Theology of Cinderella a while ago. It was talking about dreams and how I know God is going to do everything He promised.

She painted me a picture of Cinderella for my house. It was perfect and touching. It took time for her to make and was one of the most thoughtful things a friend has ever done for me.

I hung it over my keyboard as a reminder. I see it when I wake up and when I head to bed. It's just what I needed.

Take a look: She did a FABULOUS job!



Okay...

Next exciting part of my weekend: I have a new SEESTER!!

That's right... my super handsome, and weirdly funny brother-in-law got married on Friday to the beautiful Ashlee. She is sweet and smart, and super gorgeous. I couldn't be more happy for them. And icing on the cake is knowing that they are bringing what is sure to be the most handsome baby nephew into our family. I'm ready for January to give him sweet snuggles.

I've been able to spend some time with Ashlee over these past few months and of all of the things I love about her my favorite is this: She makes my BB so happy! I don't think I've ever seen him like this. Granted I haven't known him forever, but Cyler has. And he says the same thing.

Our new Blushing Bride in the family is perfect. She is just what we needed! Sweet and Sassy... with a lot of cute! 




And finally... the Princesses!

Because BB and Ashlee got hitched, my "growing up to fast" sister in laws were in town with my mom-in-law. It was nice to have some family time. We all hung out and heard HILARIOUS stories about BB and Cyler. Those girls are so smart and absolutely hilarious. Sissy, the youngest one, is a cheer leader now so randomly she breaks into clapping and counting to 8... its cute... and kind of funny. I'm glad she likes it.
And Amanda (the other little sis) she is edgy and fun and has a lot of attitude. But she is SO funny! If you pay really close attention her little comments will crack you up... or piss you off. Either way, it's great

And my mom-in-law, she is a character. I love her so much. She has more opinions than anyone I know. And I love it. She is strong in her beliefs and has no problem telling you when you need to get it together. It's great!


All in all... Best weekend in a while. Singing songs and saying "I do" all while us ladies all got EXACTLY what we wanted whether it was a tattoo, a milkshake and cookies, or a great new husband. This weekend was for the ladies!

So here's to you girls. I'm glad I have all of you in my life. I couldn't be any luckier.

Let's do it again next weekend, shall we?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment